Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Think and it will be

Ok, so I hear a lot about thinking about what you want and it will be so. So... I tried it... and I think it's working. Let's wait and find out.
Last night I hung out at a place that I would NEVER have been able to get into had I been the size I was before. I talked with people who NEVER would have given me a second glance. It is a truly amazing experience changing shape like this and seeing how people treat you differently. I feel like the exact opposite of those shows where the model puts on a fat suit. I've finally taken off my "fat suit" and it shocks me every day the way people react to me.
Just yesterday... two fee lunches! What the heck? When I was fat... never. Very rarely would someone actually be kind enough to pay for a meal for me... so I got used to paying for my own stuff. And that's fine... I'm an independent woman... but now... free food... hmmm... I like it! I just don't know how to react to this different treatment. Being out of town and dealing with people who don't know me or didn't know me when I was fat is a crazy experience. Nobody recognizes me from last year.. and frankly... I'm fine with that! It has given me a new start in this world. Every day I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to diet so hard and workout so hard to make REAL progress. I can see how the hot girls out there can get stuck on themselves and actually expect things to be given to them ALL the time. I guess guilt kicks in for me when people offer me things... but I'm getting used to saying "Thank You." I do appreciate all of the nice little things people do for me. Oh man.... I just.... I just had to write about it because I am completely changed and yet the same person inside.
I hope you all have a great day! and ... Thank You.... a lot... Thank You.
Tiffany Forni
PS, on Tradeshow Day of a conference I suggest matching your shoes to your suit... hehehe... wait for a picture on this one. I think I look silly but I feel clever. ;)

No comments: