Monday, October 20, 2008

NW Champs Results! 1st Place Figure Tall! Woo Hoo!

Ok okokokok, so here it is..... On Saturday the 18th of October I competed in the Norwest Bodybuilding and Figure Championships in Olympia Washington. I was up against 8 girls in the Figure Tall class who were in GREAT shape. Everyone I met there had worked so hard to get to where they were and it was an honor to be on stage with them. Out of the 8 I placed first. It was a win I was not expecting. I am still in disbelief and excited as ever to train for my next show! After that I had the chance to compete for the overall against two fantasticly fit women from the short and medium height classes. One of them was my friend and occasional training partner Brittani Simpson. She ended up taking the overall for the second weekend in a row. Congrats there Brittani!!


Overall it was an amazing experience! I need to thank a few people that made my success at these shows possible.

First of all Sean Calder my coach. You got me figured out man! Sean has helped me drop a ton of weight and learn so much about diet and training that I can officially say I am a fitness nerd now. I plan on sticking with Sean as my coach for as long as he will let me. Thank you Sean and Shannon. (www.seancalder.net)


Andre Scott - Posing Coach Extrordinare! You made me look like a lady... (until my inner nerd showed up) but my momma says I can stand purdy now! Who would have thought a huge bodybuilder could teach girls to stand and walk like ladies... you're good Andre... very good. Thanks Andre!


Christie Skelton - She designed both of my suits and I could not be happier! They fit beautifully and turned out better than I ever could have pictured! Double thank you for helping out backstage at the NW show. That was a huge help and everyone of us appreciated all of the butt gluing, suit tying, and advice you gave us. Thank you Christie! (www.ceradawear.com)


Northwest Competition Coloring - Bill you and your crew are AWESOME! They painted me for my first show and sponsored my color for the NW Bodybuilding and Figure Championships! IT LOOKED GREAT!!! I love the color and you guys really made me look like I had been doing this way longer than I have. I appreciate it so much! Thank you thank you thank you! (http://www.wiz-works.com/NWCompetitionColoring/)


To all the organizers- You have all worked hard putting on a great shows! I can't imagine how difficult it would be to manage a gagglel of depleted athletes. I imagine it must be like herding cats. So thank you for making things run smothly and putting on events that were great fun to attend. My family had a wonderful time at both of the shows!


And Finally.. to my fellow competitors. You ladies inspire me. I am so honored to be on stage with you and compete. No matter who wins or loses, we go on stage to present a prize not to win one. The stories I heard backstage of weight loss, beating physical hurdles, and hard work inspire me. Thank you guys for putting in your best effort. It was so much fun getting to meet you!

No comments: