Sunday, February 1, 2009

Temptation

Ooooooh as a fat girl I struggle with this all the time. Temptation. That's a tough nut to crack. Today I'm at work, bored... loooooking around. I see a small package of oreos. I sayto myself..

"Hey Tiff, there are only six little cookies in that bag.. you can eat them."

Then I must stop myself and say "No you will be fat.."

"No you won't there's only six, you'll burn that off in no time"

"But I don't want to be fat.. I don't want to set myself back.."

"FINE.. don't eat them"

"Ok I won't"

"Well FINE!"

"FINE!"

And then I am nolonger tempted.

I know that eating those cookies in the middle of my contest diet won't kill me or make me puff up all big,.... but it sets me back. I know that all of this hard work has paid off and to diet again for my next show I need to be right on it. I don't see the cookies as something I HAVE to have... they are just cookies.. they'll be around when I'm done. I can look forward to different things.. like eating my fancy feast every two hours.. (by fancy feast I mean canned tuna)... I know it's not the most exciting or delicious thing out there.. but the results make it so worth while.

I am not going to have another cheat meal for four weeks. That's a long dang time! I'll have to go through a week in Hawaii with NO CHEATS... what the heck? I can do it. I'll bring my forman grill and my lunchbox to be ready for that week. Those will be some interesting blog posts.

Wish me luck, I may need it!

Tiffany

3 comments:

Steph said...

Hi Tiffany! I came across a magazine layout for bodybuilding.com that had your before/after, and thought to google you, and was happy to see that you regularly post!!

You definitely look great, and started around where I started too. I'm down 50 lbs to 183, and looking to hit my goal weight this year. I'm pumped! Need to focus on not giving into temptations as well.

Anyway, I really look forward to following your blog :)

Cuban Pete said...

Remember, Tiffany: NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!!! lol.

I also struggle with temptation every single day, but I try to remind myself that I don't HAVE to eat that stuff; that my goals - when met - will be so much sweeter!

Show those Oreos who's boss! Have a blast in Hawaii!!

mistake said...

That's an awesome way to look at it... They are JUST cookies... They aren't going anywhere! Keep up the good work! You are a great motivation for me!